From the Front Desk
**The Fitness Center will be CLOSED on Tuesday, July 4th for the holiday. We will re-open on Wednesday, July 5th at 6 am.**
Summer is here, but that is no excuse for not keeping up your exercise regimen! The University Club Fitness Center will remain open from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. There is a wide range of times to adapt your new summer schedule and get a in a workout! In addition, our group exercise class schedule will run through August 4th. The Fall Group Exercise Schedule will begin after Labor Day. Class schedules are available at the front desk and online.
State-of-the-art Fitness, Club Style
Keeping fit can be a challenge, particularly with a hectic work schedule. Come join us at the University fitness center, conveniently located in the center of campus. The University Club provides every amenity that you will need to reach every goal you set for yourself.
For more information about the Fitness Center and the services that we offer, please call 412-648-5961 and we will be glad to assist you.
Alleviate stress and enjoy the camaraderie of your peers as you work out in a center designed solely for the use of faculty and staff. The fitness center is operated and staffed by the University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Health and Physical Activity, and offers a wide range of fitness equipment, exercise classes, and health promotion programs including:
- A full line of cardio equipment that includes treadmills, upright and recumbent cycles, and cross-training equipment. Cardio Theater is available on all cardio equipment, which allows each piece of equipment to have its own television screen and allows the user to access a variety of cable television stations based on personal preference.
- “Expresso” cardio equipment that allows for healthy competition between users or individually using video gaming technology.
- A full line of Precor C-line resistance training equipment, which is the most current state-of-the-art resistance training equipment available.
- A wide array of fitness classes are available, including yoga, pilates, and a variety of cardio, resistance, and cross-training exercise classes to meet the needs of all members. See the schedule here.
- The Fitness Center also includes changing room facilities, showers, and transient lockers.
- All Fitness Members are eligible for free personal training while at the Club! Sign up for a personal trainer at the Fitness Center front desk!
- Members conveniently have access to the fitness center continuously throughout the day. The Fitness Center’s hours of operation (6 a.m.-7 p.m. Mon.-Fri.) accommodate a variety of scheduling needs for our faculty and staff’s busy workdays.
Check out the fitness center’s monthly newsletter here.